Hello everyone my name is Junaid, today I am going to share detailed overview of web engineering. “The term in which we will design the layout of web pages”.
A website or simply site is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain. A website is hosted on at least one web server, accessible via a network such as the Internet.
The demand of website is increase day by day along with the demand of application of the same website. In short words we can say that every business have website and website must have an application.
So the conclusion is if you have any kind of business then you need two things to reach customer the first thing is the website of your business as a second is the application of your business website.
- A web page is a web document that is suitable for the World Wide Web and the web browser. A web browser displays a web page on a monitor.
- The web page is what displays, but the term also refers to a computer file, usually written in HTML whose main distinction is to provide hypertext that will navigate to other web pages via links.
- Web browsers coordinate web resources centered around the written web page, such as style sheets, scripts and images, to present the web page.
- Design is the process of collecting ideas, and aesthetically arranging and implementing them, guided by certain principles for a specific purpose.
- Web design is a similar process of creation, with the intention of presenting the content on electronic web pages, which the end-users can access through the internet with the help of a web browser.
Elements of Web Design
Web design uses many of the same key visual elements as all types of design such as:
- Layout:This is the way the graphics, ads and text are arranged. In the web world, a key goal is to help the view find the information they seek at a glance. This includes maintaining the balance, consistency, and integrity of the design.
- Color:The choice of colors depends on the purpose and clientele; it could be simple black-and-white to multi-colored design, conveying the personality of a person or the brand of an organization, using web-safe colors.
- Graphics:Graphics can include logos, photos, clipart or icons, all of which enhance the web design. For user friendliness, these need to be placed appropriately, working with the color and content of the web page, while not making it too congested or slow to load.
- Fonts: The use of various fonts can enhance a website design. Most web browsers can only read a select number of fonts, known as “web-safe fonts”, so your designer will generally work within this widely accepted group.
- Content: Content and design can work together to enhance the message of the site through visuals and text. Written text should always be relevant and useful, so as not to confuse the reader and to give them what they want so they will remain on the site.
Besides the basic elements of web design that make a site beautiful and visually compelling, a website must also always consider the end user. User-friendliness can be achieved by paying attention to the following factors.
Creating User-Friendly Web Design
- Navigation:Site architecture, menus and other navigation tools in the web design must be created with consideration of how users browse and search. The goal is to help the user to move around the site with ease, efficiently finding the information they require.
- Multimedia:Relevant video and audio stimuli in the design can help users to grasp the information, developing understanding in an easy and quick manner. This can encourage visitors to spend more time on the webpage.
- Compatibility:Design the webpage, to perform equally well on different browsers and operating systems, to increase its viewing.
- Technology:Advancements in technology give designers the freedom to add movement and innovation, allowing for web design that is always fresh, dynamic and professional.
- Interactive:Increase active user participation and involvement, by adding comment boxes and opinion polls in the design. Convert users from visitors to clients with email forms and newsletter sign-ups.
Web Design Tools
- The most popular web browsers today like, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari have built in tools to help web developers.
- HTML is a markup language for describing web documents (web pages).
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- A markup language is a set of markup tags
- HTML documents are described by HTML tags
- Each HTML tag describes different document content
- TheDOCTYPEdeclaration defines the document type
- The text between <html>and </html>describes the web document
- The text between <body>and </body>describes the visible page content
- The text between <h1>and </h1>describes a heading
- The text between <p>and </p>describes paragraph
- Adobe Dreamweaver is a software program for designing web pages, essentially a more fully featured HTML web and programming editor.
- Dreamweaver supports multiple web and programming languages including HTML, C#, Visual Basic (VB), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Active Server Pages (ASP), Extensible Markup Language(XML) and others.